The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

The Commuter Corner: Organizing Your Time

The Commuter Corner: Organizing Your Time

Lola Offenback, Reporter/Columnist October 13, 2022

I am sure all of us who travel to campus via car have been stuck in traffic at one time or another. Personally, my 20-minute commute has turned into a 40-minute drive home. I know Moravian students who...

Recontextualizing Religion: A Biblical Case for Inclusion

Recontextualizing Religion: A Biblical Case for Inclusion

Fatimah Bouri, Reporter/Copy editor October 13, 2022

Trigger Warning: Mention of Rape On a forum held by The Office for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equality (DEI) and The Office for Spirituality and Inclusion, Rev. Laura Oesterle, assistant chaplain, initiated...

from Irishstudies.org

Meanwhile, in Ireland: The Personification of Ireland

Sabrina Moody, Reporter September 29, 2022

ATTENTION: This article contains spoilers for the play Cathleen Ni Houlihan by W.B. Yeats and Lady Augusta Gregory. Be advised that if you do not want spoilers for this play, please feel free to skip this...

Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback

The Commuter Corner: The Commuter Student Association

Lola Offenback, Reporter September 29, 2022

Welcome back to the Commuter Corner! This week, we address gas prices and summarize last week's Commuter Student Association meeting.  On 22 September, The Commuter Student Association had their first...

Photo courtesy of Alicia Pisano

The Class that Made a Difference: Fiction Writing (Dr. Joyce Hinnefeld)

Alicia Pisano, Alumna September 29, 2022

Alicia Pisano, graduated from Moravian College in 2018, majoring in English. Alicia lives in Sewell, New Jersey, and works as a medical editor at Red Nucleus.  One of the most important courses I took...

Photo courtesy of Ireland.com

Meanwhile, In Ireland: The Newgrange

Sabrina Moody, Reporter September 15, 2022

Located in County Meath, along Ireland’s “Ancient East,” there stands a complex of sacred monuments, megalithic structures that rest like silent giants. This is a place called Brú na Bóinne (pronounced...

The Commuter Corner

The Commuter Corner

Lola Offenback, Reporter September 15, 2022

I am thrilled to introduce myself as one of the new contributors to the Comenian Newspaper! My name is Lola Offenback and I am an incoming freshman here at Moravian University.  Like many of you, I'm...

Photo courtesy of Moravian Cyberhounds via Twitter

Club Spotlight: Moravian Cyberhounds

AJ Minnich, Editor-In-Chief September 1, 2022

What is your club about?  Our club is about playing video games at a competitive level. We are open to those that are interested in getting into the competitive scene or those with previous experience...

Photo courtesy of AJ Minnich

Study Spot Scavenger Hunt

Logan Palau, Managing Editor September 1, 2022

Welcome to campus Greyhounds! Whether you’re just starting at Moravian or it’s your final year, I think we can all agree that a good study spot is a necessity for any college student. My gift to you...

Photo courtesy of yesmagazine.org

Chemicals and Corruption: The Prejudicial World of Environmental Racism

Fatimah Bouri, Reporter April 28, 2022

For Moravian’s last Friday Forum for the Spring 2022 semester, Dr. Natasha Woods, assistant professor of biology, initiated a profound discussion on environmental racism and its negative impact on low-income...

Photo courtesy of moravian.edu

Harrison Dillard: From The Projects to Police Chief

Madison McNany, Guest Reporter April 28, 2022

When he was a young boy, Harrison Dillard knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life and it wasn't what you would expect. Most kids want to be a professional athlete, an astronaut, or even the president...

Photo courtesy of Moravian University via LinkedIn

Moravian Shuttle Service: Your Questions Answered

Logan Palau, Reporter April 14, 2022

On Tuesday, March 29, I sat down with Moravian’s associate director of utilities & infrastructure, Chad Royer, and shuttle bus driver Sue Larrison. Together, the three of us discussed all the moving...

Load More Stories

Comments (0)

Any comments that are considered racist, sexist, using expletives or slurs, based on factually inaccurate information, or are derogatory in any way will be deleted.
All The Comenian Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest