The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

Commuter Corner- Having a Social Life on Campus

Commuter Corner- Having a Social Life on Campus

Lola Offenback, Reporter March 10, 2023

It can be difficult to maintain relationships with friends who are residents as a commuter. I often find my friends making last-minute plans, but because I am not on campus, I am not able to go.  Something...

DEIs March Address: Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories

DEI’s March Address: Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories

Lola Offenback, Reporter March 10, 2023

This month’s address delivered by The Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), was a “takeover” of five women who spoke of their stories and the stories of Moravian women in their lives....

Photo courtesy of The Daily Howl

How to Bae on a Budget

Logan Palau, Managing Editor February 14, 2023

It’s February fourteenth, and sales of chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears holding hearts skyrocket. But that doesn’t have to be the case. Don’t be afraid to be original! There are so many cute...

Commuter Corner: When Your Valentine is Away

Commuter Corner: When Your Valentine is Away

Lola Offenback, Reporter February 13, 2023

As a commuter, it can feel strange when your significant other is studying at a different University, however far away. This is especially true if the two of you began your relationship during high school.  With...

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts and Date Ideas

Staff February 13, 2023

Valentine’s Dollar Store Gift Basket: Dollar Tree has some great Valentine’s items! Grab a red or pink basket and some tissue paper, a box of chocolates, and some other candy, grab some themed goodies...

Photo courtesy of Freepix.

Ten Ways to Lose a (Would-be) Lover

Liz Kameen, Managing Editor February 13, 2023

As Valentine’s Day arrives, I’ve organized a list–that’s certainly not all-encompassing–of the worst pick-up lines. This list consists of examples from my and my friends’ experiences and other...

Photo courtesy of NYU Local

What to do When You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

AJ Minnich, Editor-In-Chief February 13, 2023

Valentine's Day is here; with that comes a hoard of single people moping about not having a date. If you are one of those people, I don’t blame you. It’s kinda hard to enjoy a holiday all about love...

Photo courtesy: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/young-friends-having-movie-night_1421191.htm

How to have a Zero Proof College Experience

Logan Palau, Managing Editor February 3, 2023

Hey, Hounds! I hope y’all are as happy to be back on campus as I am! Now I know that everyone knows that drinking is a huge part of college culture, but it doesn’t necessarily have to play a role...

The Class that Made a Difference Accounting 157 (Dr. Barb Vinciguerra)

The Class that Made a Difference Accounting 157 (Dr. Barb Vinciguerra)

John Desmond IV, Alumna February 3, 2023

John Desmond graduated from Moravian College in 2018, majoring in accounting; he was also a reporter for The Comenian. Desmond lives in Belvidere, NJ, and is a senior accountant at Harry's, Inc., in New...

Commuter Corner: Dealing with Winter Weather

Commuter Corner: Dealing with Winter Weather

Lola Offenback, Reporter February 3, 2023

With the blip of snow that hit Bethlehem in the second week of the semester, many commuter students were once again faced with the anxieties of winter weather.   Moravian has issued weather guidelines...

Club Spotlight: Food Recovery Network

Club Spotlight: Food Recovery Network

Liz Kameen, Managing Editor February 3, 2023

What is your club about? The Food Recovery Network Chapter’s main goal is to reduce food waste and tackle food insecurity on campus. We have activities such as Weigh the Waste and documentary screenings...

Professor Spotlight: Ann Thompson

Professor Spotlight: Ann Thompson

Lola Offenback, Reporter January 20, 2023

Professor Ann Thompson is an adjunct professor at Moravian in the English department. This fall was her first semester teaching at Moravian. She works full-time at Lehigh University as a Distance Education...

Load More Stories