The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

The student news site of Moravian University

The Comenian

Cielo Disla: A Superhero Among Students

Cielo Disla: A Superhero Among Students

Todd Reedy, Reporter October 27, 2023

Plenty of superheroes hide their true identities from the world.  New York City doesn’t know that Spider-Man is Peter Parker, and Gotham doesn’t know that Batman is Bruce Wayne (my formal apologies...

Courtesy of Sydney Anderson.

Athlete Spotlight: Sydney Anderson

Caillie Fish, Reporter October 27, 2023

Although Sydney Anderson started out in a completely different sport, she found her way into field hockey. A junior nursing major, she has earned her place on the women’s field hockey team. She has continued...

Karen Martinez

What Hispanic Heritage Month Means to Me: Karen Martinez (’26)

October 13, 2023

In all honesty, Hispanic Heritage Month has been something that has gone unnoticed to me throughout my life. After all, why celebrate a month when I live it every day? It was something I never reflected...

Collin and Casandra Cabral-Castro

What Hispanic Heritage Month Means to Me: Collin Cabral-Castro (’26)

October 13, 2023

As someone of Portuguese and Cape Verdean descent with only loose Hispanic connections, Hispanic Heritage Month still holds a unique significance in my cultural perspective. While my direct link to...

Photo courtesy of Elise Colancecco.

Professor Spotlight: Dr. Colancecco

Lola Offenback, News & Community Editor October 13, 2023

Elise M. Colancecco, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of nursing at Moravian University and has been passionate about nursing education from her first years of nursing practice. She graduated from Moravian...

Photo courtesy of Joel Hendricks.

Student Spotlight: Liliana Brockway

Joel Hendricks, Entertainment Editor October 13, 2023

How are you involved on campus? I honestly don't know where to start for this question, I'm involved in so many things across campus. I feel like I live in the admissions office. I'm a 26 Points Ambassador,...

Photo courtesy of Christine Fox.

Staff Spotlight: Mary Beth Spirk

Caillie Fish, Reporter October 13, 2023

Mary Beth Spirk is the athletic director and Women's Basketball coach at  Moravian University. Outside of Moravian, she enjoys playing golf, reading a good book, attending sporting events (any Philly...

Photo courtesy of Owen Nahf.

Student-Athlete Spotlight: Owen Nahf

Caillie Fish, Reporter October 13, 2023

Owen Nahf ('25)is a Moravian University cross country and track and field athlete, who runs anything from the mile to 5k during his seasons. Majoring in health sciences in the physical therapy track, Nahf...

Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

Commuter Corner: Navigating Campus on Halloween

Halloween weekend and night are a lot of fun for students, with parties and other festive events taking place. However, it can be challenging to navigate this night responsibly as a commuter student. In...

Photo courtesy of Liz Kameen.

Kameenian Korner: Birthday and Anniversary Gifts

Liz Kameen, Managing Editor October 13, 2023

Welcome to the newest addition to the Kameenian Korner! In this special edition, the printing of the paper lined up exactly with my boyfriend and I’s fifth anniversary! So, for this extra special column,...

Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

The Friendly Ghosts of Hotel Bethlehem

Operating since 1922, Historic Hotel Bethlehem has seen many guests. On top of this, the property has been in use since the Moravians settled in Bethlehem in 1741. It's not surprising that some of these...

Photo courtesy of AJ Minnich.

Wiz Kidz: A Student Staple

AJ Minnich, Editor-In-Chief October 13, 2023

Wiz Kidz is a very high contender for my favorite restaurant in the Lehigh Valley.  Before eating there, I was never huge on eating cheesesteaks, but after tasting the absolute masterpiece that is...

Load More Stories