Club Spotlight: Anime Club

Photo courtesy of Anime Club.
Photo courtesy of Anime Club.

What is your club about?

Our club is about bringing together avid anime fans and more casual fans. At meetings, we vote on an anime to watch, have discussions, and create a fun space to talk about our favorite series.

When was your club established?

It was established in 2021.

Who are your current leaders (advisors, president, vice president, etc.)?

Our president is Anna Portalatin, our vice president is Fatimah Bouri, our secretary is Catherine Forrester, our treasurer is Manuel Barragan, and our advisor is Dr. Robert LaRue.

When does your club meet?

Tuesdays from 6-8 p.m. at the DEI House.

Photo courtesy of Fatimah Bouri.

What is the most popular activity that the campus knows you for?

Definitely our Halloween Costume Party! We do karaoke and at the end, we have a raffle and costume contest! It’s always fun seeing all the cool costumes and everyone being themselves!

What are the biggest challenges that your club faces?

Our biggest challenge is planning fun events for club members that can fit in with our small budget.

If you could pair up with another club for an event or project, who would it be?

Video Game Club, because if you like anime, there’s a good chance you like video games, too! Plus, there are tons of anime-themed video games so it would be cool to combine the two clubs for an event!

What is the latest project that your club is excited about?

We’re working on a Secret Santa Gift Exchange where we all exchange gifts with one another without knowing who got our gift. It’s a fun way to connect with our members and get into the holiday spirit a bit early.

If you had an unlimited budget, what dream project would your club put it towards?

A club trip to Japan! Or, maybe more realistically, going to multiple anime conventions in the country!

View Comments (1)