Commuter Corner: Enjoying Semester Break as a Commuter

Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.
Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

As finals season approaches, we can all see over the horizon to winter break and a well-deserved breather. For all the commuters staying in the Lehigh Valley, there are many activities to enjoy with the arrival of the holiday season. 

With Bethlehem being the Christmas city, there are many festivities to enjoy. The Moravian University Choir will perform in the annual Vespers ceremonies at the Central Moravian Church on Main Street. Students who requested tickets through AMOS could receive up to four free tickets.

Christkindlemarkt is hosted at SteelStacks in Bethlehem. This holiday shopping experience is filled with local vendors, handcrafted art, good food, and a great atmosphere. Also at SteelStacks is an ice rink that opened the week of Thanksgiving. 

SteelStacks will be hosting a slew of other activities such as live music, holiday film screenings, comedy shows, and more. 

The State Theatre Center for the Arts in Easton will be hosting holiday shows such as A Christmas Carol and The Wizards of Winter.

There are also other ways to enjoy and utilize winter break. To embrace the season of giving, you may consider volunteering. The Women of Excellence in Bethlehem are looking for volunteers to help wrap Christmas gifts and the Salvation Army is looking for volunteers among many other organizations in the Lehigh Valley!  

Remember to take time to relax and unwind during the semester break. Take time to practice self-care and spend quality time with loved ones. 

While you reign in the new year, set new goals for next semester and beyond. Take time to reflect on the achievements and failures of the fall semester and create goals to improve in the spring. 

Make the most of this semester break by creating memories and enjoying the holidays with loved ones as well as resting and preparing for the spring semester. 

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, you can comment, email me at [email protected], or fill out this form.