Everything You Need to Know About the HUB Relocations

Photo+courtesy+of+Lola+Offenback.+
Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

Renovations for the Haupert Union Building start in earnest on Jan. 29, 2024, but some departments in the building have already been displaced.

Students waited for the administration to inform them of where departments that provide services they utilize daily would be relocated this semester. This information was supposed to be made available to students nearly a month before its actual release, and many students were frustrated because of the delay. 

“It’s annoying in general that everything is going to be changing during my last semester,” said Gianna Tully ‘24. “I am going to feel like a freshman again, not knowing where everything is.”

Deciding where to relocate offices was the main issue and cause of the delay. 

“We had to consider the size of the department, what other departments they worked with on a regular basis, and what we just thought felt ‘right,’” said Amber Donato, associate director of planning and project management. 

The Office of Enrollment and Marketing sent an email on Dec. 1, 2023, providing the link to HUB construction details, including where these departments are relocating. 

Multiple offices will move to the first floor of PPHAC. The HUB Desk will move to the main lobby, and Mo’s Cupboard will be in room 118. Event management will be located on the second floor of PPHAC in rooms 201 and 202. Any meetings previously held in the Amrhein, Reinhard, or Air Products rooms will be held in rooms on the first floor of PPHAC. 

Many departments will find temporary homes in Reeves Library. These include the Office of Disability & Accommodations on the Upper Level, the Center for Career and Civic Engagement, and the Mail Room on the Lower Level. The Student Life office will move to 1301 Main St. 

Additionally, Academic Advisors will be moved to the third floor of Monacacy Hall in a shared space with the Registrar’s Office. Monacacy Hall will be the permanent home for the Academic Advisors after renovations. 

“[This] had been a long-term goal of the Provost’s office, so this project presented a good opportunity to achieve this,” said Donato. 

Offices will return to their new-and-improved spaces once construction is complete in 2025.