Praise of the Week: Digital ID Cards on Phones

Photo Courtesy of AJ Minnich
Photo Courtesy of AJ Minnich

Forgot your ID card when heading to the Star? Struggling to take it out when trying to order from the B&G or tap into your building? These are problems that I, and many others, ran into when using our physical ID cards. Now, however, we’re able to digitally add our ID cards to our phones, making our lives that much easier when it comes to using our IDs in our student lives!

If you still have yet to add your ID or don’t know how, you can check out this guide on how to add it to your phone’s wallet.

Having our IDs on our phones is an addition that I absolutely adore. Since the semester started, I’ve been able to do almost everything with my iPhone, whether it be ordering food or tapping into my suite. It may seem like a small addition, but it’s incredibly useful in the long run.

Our phones are becoming more and more commonplace in our daily lives, more so than ever. By having our IDs as a part of our phone wallets, we no longer need to worry about carrying multiple items, making things much more convenient.

I want to send a special thank you to the administrators who were kind enough to provide this for students amid all the changes happening around campus. This is something that did not need to be done but was regardless. With focus constantly shifting around campus, there is some comfort in knowing that there are people out there who have our backs.

An extra special thanks goes out to the IT department for being the ones to provide this addition. Administration may have made the decisions, but IT are the ones who acted upon it and made it a reality.

It hasn’t just been me, though. In places like the B&G, I’ve noticed students taking advantage of this new feature. In many situations, our peers at Moravian are using their phones to make their lives even a little easier in this stressful environment.

It also removes stress from students. Not having to remember to bring an ID, phone, and room key just to do laundry removes much anxiety. Just having to bring your phone when performing actions around campus is incredibly less taxing.

It isn’t just limited to students, though. Faculty and staff are able to take advantage of these digital IDs. It just goes to show how the administration is looking out for their entire community!

Our Moravian IDs on our phones are a simple addition, but a highly appreciated one. To those who continue to vouch for student convenience in these times of change, we thank you!