Moravian’s First Senior Prom Creates Lasting Memories for Class of ’24

Photo courtesy of Kelley Davison

2020 was a year full of missed experiences, but no one missed out on quite as much as the bright young minds about to graduate high school. COVID-19 robbed students of momentous events that are looked forward to years in advance such as graduation, senior trips, and prom. Four years later, now seniors in college, the Moravian class of 2024 is given the chance to live out the monumental tradition of prom. 

The theme was the Roaring Twenties and students came in their best suits, dresses, and flapper attire. Local Bethlehem restaurant Blue Grillhouse graciously hosted the event, serving a variety of delicious entrees such as filet mignon, crab cakes, chicken piccata, and eggplant parm.

“[It was] a blast filled with music, love, and laughs for years to come.” Angelene Pingue, ‘24, Psychology.

The night continued and students enjoyed a fun photo booth with props and reminisced on their past four years as Greyhounds. Students also nominated the following classmates for prom court: Megan Curtis, Sophia Rivera, Madalyn Stoltz, Ashley Hutchinson, Sophie Bauer, Serena Ashwal, Sarah Fulper, and Rebecca Revitt. The queen with the most votes was Serena Ashwal. 

In the words of Jill Bauer, ‘24, Psychology, the prom was “Lit, crazy, and like a movie.”

As a playlist curated completely by the students blasted through the speakers, students flooded the dance floor to show off their moves! Overall the festivities throughout the night were nothing short of fun-filled and carefree. As students exited the unforgettable night, laughter filled the air. “It was a very fun night, with great food, but even better people,” said Sophia Shienvold, ‘24, Biology.

Amber Capurso, ‘24, History, agreed. “Twas fun, memorable experience to have a great night with my Moravian Family,”