Editor’s Letter: To Our Readers

Snow day on South Campus. Photo courtesy of Samantha Riley.

Dear Readers, 

First, I would like to thank everyone for continuing to show their support for the phenomenal writers we have here at The Comenian.

The amount of encouragement that we received on our last refresh was astounding, and I’m so proud of the hard work that all of our writers put in to pull it off. A big thank you to everyone who tuned in! 

With this being my last semester with The Comenian and at  Moravian College altogether, I wanted to take a minute to  have a sit-down conversation with President Grigsby to catch up and learn more about issues going on inside Moravian. This past week, I had the opportunity to speak with the president for more than few a minutes and ask him some questions from fellow students and myself, so keep an eye out for our 3/5 refresh to see what he had to say! 

In the meantime, while you enjoy some hot cocoa on any one of the snowy days set ahead in our local weather forecast, I hope you’ll all check out some of the great new articles put out in this week’s refresh.

This week: Dominic Trabosci reviews Weezer’s “OK Human” album, giving Rolling Stone’s magazine a run for its money. Sierra Dittmar covers Matthew Nisbet’s InFocus presentation on how to talk about climate change in today’s political climate, and Anna Litofsky delivers yet another slice of life during COVID times in her newest edition of “Behind the Mask,” as well as a look inside the Payne Gallery’s most recent gallery exhibition featuring the sustainability-centered work of artist Mark Randall.  

While we’ve yet to run short on story ideas, we have been pushing to reawaken the sports section of the paper. We’ve decided to begin covering the most recent and notable events happening in Moravian sports with a “Greyhound Roundup,” but we are still seeking any writers interested in covering the sports beat at Moravian!

If you are a sports-buff, want to cover sports-related news on campus, or are interested in writing for The Comenian in any regard, please send an email to [email protected].

I hope that you all can enjoy these “inclement” weather days while there’s still some snow on the ground (personally, I’m looking forward to the warm weather. . . ), and thank you again for supporting your student newspaper! 

Sam R.