What’s Cooking in Bethlehem?

(Left to Right) Back Row: Lydia Shank, Nathaniel Rhoads, Benjamin Sharp, Charlie Peeke, Zech Schweitzer, Brandon Werner Front Row: Maria Manzano, Caitlyn Byrne, Kylie Chichura, Jaime Ernst, Morgan Hresko, Alexandra Sabo, Alyssa Limbaugh

The Melting Pot

1 E Broad St., Ste 100

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018

The Melting Pot is a local chain restaurant that serves appetizers, entrees, and dessert fondue platters. Attire is a semi-formal; meaning dressing up or looking casual is fine. It is located on the corner of E Broad St and N New St, across the street from Billy’s Downtown Diner. For this article, the reporter only paid for and ate the dessert fondue platter, but each person who attended paid $12 each.

Brandon Werner, Sophomore

What did you eat at the Melting Pot?

“We got the Yin/Yang fondue, with the S’mores fondue, along with get brownies, cookies, and various fruits.”

What did you think about the options/selections?

“The selections were all good, they have everything for everyone. They didn’t just have regular chocolate, but they had white and other chocolate too.

What did you think about the pricing?

“For dessert , for $12, it wasn’t bad. As long as you know what you’re getting into, like if you know you’re just getting dessert  then it’s not bad. But if you expect more than you’re out of luck. Don’t expect to get a filling meal for a cheap price.”

Would you recommend it as a college student’s restaurant of choice?

“I would recommend it as a date, a place for taking a significant other or for a group of people who want to go out time to time.”

Alyssa Limbaugh, Sophomore

What did you eat at the Melting Pot?

“Chocolate-covered strawberries, pound cake, marshmallows, bananas, rice crispy treats, and brownies.”

What did you think of the options/selections?

“I liked the different chocolate fondue options, although when it came out the pot was a little smaller than expected for the price.”

What did you think about the pricing?

“Definitely, a little overpriced. It’s more like somewhere I would go one time as a treat.”

“No, because I don’t feel like most college kids can afford it.”

Kylie Chichura, Sophomore

What did you eat at the Melting Pot?

“I had chocolate fondue.”

“I thought they had a wide variety of fondues to pick from.”

What did you think about the pricing?

“I think it can go both ways. It’s fair because it’s high quality food, but then again it’s expensive.”

“I would not because of the high prices.”

Overall, I think we would agree that while the Melting Pot was delicious, it is not somewhere that college kids would regularly attend due to our tight budget. However, on nights where you want to splurge and have a special treat, go for it!