Editor’s Letter 11/18

Dear Readers,

Welcome to our 11/18 edition of The Comenian!

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, many people are sprinting to get all their work done before break starts (including me). To say the least, it’s been a hectic week, and I for one can’t wait for the mere three days off.

Despite end-of-semester fatigue starting to set in, our staff has been hard at work to finish this semester of The Comenian strong. This is our biggest refresh of the semester, even beating out our Halloween print edition! 

Among the stories in this refresh are:

– An update to our official Comenian Thanksgiving Cookbook

– The Comenian’s fall music playlist

– I cover USG’s recent expansion along with the results of their recent election

– I have a Q&A with the founding dean of Moravian’s School of Business and Economics, Dr. Laquita Blockson

– Lola Offenback gives a rundown of Moravian’s ELEVATE travel abroad program

– Lola also covers the recent pay increase for all student work-study positions

– Nathan Pynchon covers the Moravian Symposium on the Moravians’ history with race and slavery

Neema Mburu offers a slideshow of the Moravian Symposium

– Sabrina Moody continues her ongoing series with “Meanwhile, in Ireland: Come Away, Oh Human Child.”

– Lola continues the Commuter Corner by talking about managing family responsibilities

– For our “Class That Made a Difference,” 2017 alum, Shelby Does reflects on her environmental policy class with Dr. Frank Kuserk and Dr. John Reynolds

– Teddy Smith covers the InFocus event, the “Pieces of Peace”

– I reflect on the recent midterm election results and what they could mean for the future of the country

– Liz Kameen gives a rant of the week about Moravian’s shuttle service

– Fatimah Bouri reviews Taylor Swift’s newest album “Midnights”

– Liz reviews Marvel’s penultimate film of 2022, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”

– I review PlayStation’s biggest release of the year and game of the year contender, “God of War Ragnarök”

– I also review the long-awaited threequel to one of Nintendo’s most popular franchises, “Bayonetta 3”

– Joel Hendricks reviews the sequel to an unlikely crossover game with “Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope”

– Finally, Sabrina continues her short story series “Sigmund and Beaumont,” with her newest entry, “To Light the Darkness”

Before I sign off: if you’re interested in joining The Comenian please join us at our meetings, which take place every Wednesday at 5 pm in Zinzendorf Hall, room 100. 

We are looking for new writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and more, so if any of those interests you be sure to stop by or email me at [email protected]

The Comenian supports a wide range of content, so if you want to interview students around campus, you can. If you want to make video essays you can. If you want to make short comics, you can. Whether you want to write about news, politics, music, movies, sports, video games, food, history, or anything else, I guarantee you will have a place here.

Also, if you would like to be notified by email whenever we publish a new edition of the paper – either the online or print version – please send your address to [email protected]. We’ll add you to our email list!

Thank you for reading this week’s refresh. I hope you come back soon as we continue to publish new content every other week. Be sure to check out our final refresh of 2022 on Dec 2!

Your editor-in-chief,

AJ