Editor’s Letter 1/19

Photo courtesy of Google

Dear Readers,

Welcome to our 1/19 edition of The Comenian!

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing winter break.

To kick off the spring semester we have prepared an entertainment-themed mini-refresh! Winter break is a great time to catch up with all the movies, shows, games, and more you missed. From a plethora of movie reviews to our list of the top 10 games of 2022, this refresh covers all things entertainment! In addition, we also have more of our recurring content such as a new “Meanwhile in Ireland,” “Sigmund and Beaumont,” and community spotlights.

I would like to thank our writers for taking time out of their busy first week of the semester to deliver this refresh. Right off the bat, we are rocking and rolling this semester and this is only the beginning. We have an exciting semester ahead of us and I can’t wait to show you all what we have planned for the rest of the semester.

Before I sign off: if you’re interested in joining The Comenian please join us at our meetings, which take place every Wednesday at 5 pm in Zinzendorf Hall, room 100. 

We are looking for new writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and more, so if any of those interests you be sure to stop by or email me at [email protected]

The Comenian supports a wide range of content, so if you want to interview students around campus, you can. If you want to make video essays you can. If you want to make short comics, you can. Whether you want to write about news, politics, music, movies, sports, video games, food, history, or anything else, I guarantee you will have a place here.

Also, if you would like to be notified by email whenever we publish a new edition of the paper – either the online or print version – please send your address to [email protected]. We’ll add you to our email list!

Thank you for reading this week’s refresh. I hope you come back soon as we continue to publish new content every other week. Be sure to check back in when we return next semester!

Your editor-in-chief,

AJ