Editor’s Letter 3/10

Editors Letter 3/10

Dear readers, 

The halfway point is almost here!

Mid-semester fatigue is definitely setting in as courses start to intensify but just remember that if you are struggling right now, it’s not the end of the world, and a week from now that essay or test you’ve been panicking over will be distant memories. 

As many of you may know, March is Women’s History Month so to celebrate we are providing extensive coverage from our different writers. In this edition, we have Liz Kameen discussing the importance of modern feminism and Sabrina Moody discussing Irish Mother’s Day and a Mother’s Day-themed “Sigmund and Beaumont.

This month it’s important to not only acknowledge the contributions women have made to society but to also discuss in what areas women’s rights and equality need to be expanded. In America, we like to think women have equality but that is simply not the case because these issues go far beyond just having the same rights. There are still biases that are baked into the very fabric of how people are socialized. 

We also have an announcement from the Asian Student Union:

“Join Moravian University’s Asian Student Union (ASU) as they honor the AAPI lives lost to gun violence. March 16th marks the two-year anniversary of the Atlanta spa shooting, where six AAPI women were victims of a racially-motivated attack. ASU is also honoring the sixteen lives lost to gun violence in the recent Lunar New Year shootings in California. In light of Women’s History Month and the ever-growing concern about gun violence in America, we invite the community to attend our first in-person vigil.

We ask all attendees to wear white as a symbol of mourning and to be open to discussing our next steps as a community. To RSVP, please email the Asian Student Union @ [email protected]

Before I sign off: if you’re interested in joining The Comenian please join us at our meetings, which take place every Wednesday at 5 pm in Zinzendorf Hall, room 100. 

We are looking for new writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and more, so if any of those interests you be sure to stop by or email me at [email protected]

The Comenian supports a wide range of content, so if you want to interview students around campus, you can. If you want to make video essays you can. If you want to make short comics, you can. Whether you want to write about news, politics, music, movies, sports, video games, food, history, or anything else, I guarantee you will have a place here.

Also, if you would like to be notified by email whenever we publish a new edition of the paper – either the online or print version – please send your address to [email protected]. We’ll add you to our email list!

Thank you for reading this week’s refresh. I hope you come back soon as we continue to publish new content every other week.

Your editor-in-chief,

AJ