The Brick: Beautiful Atmosphere, Brilliant Bites 

Penne+alla+Vodka%2C+Pink+Lemonade%2C+and+Caesar+Salad.+
Liz Kameen
Penne alla Vodka, Pink Lemonade, and Caesar Salad.

If you have never been to The Brick, you are sorely missing out. Located less than a ten-minute walk from The HILL, the restaurant offers a variety of pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and many other entree options. 

The Comenian decided to have our staff party there, and in hindsight, we were overjoyed to do so! The food, service, and atmosphere were simply amazing. Despite being a table of eight, we received prompt service and our food was all correct and delicious. 

The staff was unbelievably friendly and attentive, constantly checking up on the table to refill our drinks and check that our party was alright. 

The prices for the entrees range from $18-22, a little pricey compared to other local restaurants with similar menus, but I felt it was well worth the expense. 

This was my first visit, but I will be sure to dine there again! Since it’s not located on Main Street, some Moravian students might miss it, so be sure to give it a chance. 

I hate cold leftovers, especially pasta, but this pasta was so good that I ate it cold since I no longer had access to a microwave. 

However, I have heard great things about their pizza, so I can’t wait to go back and try it in the future. 

Our food was served hot and fresh, and the presentation was simply beautiful. In addition, the entrees were huge and fed me for two days after my original reservation there. Even now, I can feel myself drooling looking over the picture I took of the pasta there! 

The bathrooms were very clean and pleasant, although there was only one female and male stall, so I had to wait for a little while to use the restroom. Still, the restaurant felt small and cozy enough that two bathrooms felt understandable. 

Since the restaurant is located in a plaza, street parking may be a little difficult to find during busy hours, so I recommend walking from somewhere or scoping out other possible parking choices. 

Although it was a little chilly so we opted to eat inside, the restaurant does offer outdoor seating on the patio. The inside of the restaurant was relaxing and cozy, with a bar for patrons old enough to indulge. Although I can’t speak for a busy night, the atmosphere was very quiet, allowing everyone in our group to converse with one another, even from across the table. 

The Brick was founded in 2014 and fought through the pandemic by offering make-your-own pizza kits and takeout service. The surrounding neighborhood is beyond thankful for their continued service to the community, especially as many Moravian students find employment there. 

In addition to serving the university community, The Brick is also known for its service and donations to the local community, one example being a donation of hay to the Bethlehem Mounted Police in Sept. 2022. 

I ordered the Penne alla Vodka and a Caprese Salad, and I loved every single bite I took. Every person in our group who ordered the Penne Alla Vodka could not stop raving about it, so I cannot recommend it enough if you happen to stop in. Although I cannot speak for the alcoholic beverages, my pink lemonade was as good as it could get! 

The business is located at 1 W Broad St, Suite 10, and its current hours of operation are from Wednesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and, The Brick offers a 10% discount to Moravian students if you bring a Hound Discount Card and your student ID!