Editor’s Letter 10/13

Photo+courtesy+of+Lola+Offenback.+
Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

It’s finally here! Welcome to our special Halloween edition of The Comenian!

We have been working ourselves to the bone getting this edition out so you better like it or we’re going to haunt you in your dreams.

In all seriousness, though, we’ve been working hard towards getting this absolutely loaded edition out for a long while so I hope you enjoy it!

We’ve been working towards this edition since before the semester even started so this has been a long time coming. 

This is also one of if not the biggest edition in The Comenian’s entire 132-year history, so I would like to once again thank our absolutely incredible staff who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in order to get this into your hands.

Of those incredible staff, I would especially like to thank Liz Kameen and Lola Offenback for the insane amount of work they put into this edition. Liz was in charge of laying out the paper while Lola and I provided assistance and Lola was an enormous help in uploading all the articles. I couldn’t ask for two better editors if I tried. From day one, I could tell these two were special and I am so glad I was right.

With this edition, we are launching multiple different kinds of spotlights. We brewed this idea because we realized we needed more than just club and professor spotlights in order to give people the recognition they deserve. As a result, we came up with student, staff, and athlete spotlights so that everyone on campus could get their due.

Speaking of athletes, we are looking to get our sports section up and running again so if you are at all interested in writing about Moravian sports please reach out to [email protected]. As great as I think we’ve been these past few years, sports have continued to be a big blindspot for us so contact us if you want to write about Moravian athletics.

Before I sign off: if you’re interested in joining The Comenian please join us at our meetings, which take place every Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Zinzendorf Hall, room 100. 

We are looking for new writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and more, so if any of those interest you be sure to stop by or email me at [email protected]

The Comenian supports a wide range of content. If you want to interview students around campus, you can. If you want to make video essays you can. If you want to make short comics, you can. Whether you want to write about news, politics, music, movies, sports, video games, food, history, or anything else, I guarantee you will have a place here.

Also, if you would like to be notified by email whenever we publish a new edition of the paper – either the online or print version – please send your address to [email protected]. We’ll add you to our email list!

Thank you for reading our first refresh of the semester. I hope you come back soon as we continue to publish new content every other week.

Your editor-in-chief,

AJ