Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice 

Courtesy of Starbucks; edited by Caillie Fish.

Lola

Call me basic, but pumpkin spice gives me all the serotonin I need during daylight savings. I don’t need the sun as long as I have my pumpkin spice. 

Seriously, though, I know pumpkin spice receives a lot of hype and hate, but it’s really good! 

Much like the holidays, there’s something about only being able to enjoy this treat once every year that gets me so excited. The pumpkin spice release day is fall’s version of Christmas. Frankly, I think it should be made into a national holiday. 

I even got my boyfriend into the craze, we both obsessed over the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte. Honestly, if my boyfriend says he likes one of the obsessions I have forced him to participate in, you know it’s good. 

There is clearly a profit margin and fanbase for pumpkin spice, with the shelves at supermarkets and coffee shop menus transforming into a pumpkin spice paradise. It is a flavorful force to be reckoned with, the first-place winner of spices, a union of fall and taste buds. 

Fall just wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin spice. 

Callie

Nectar. Of. The. Gods. 

Four words. The four encompassing words of the beautiful pumpkin spice latte. 

Back in the beginning of time, before the heavenly drink was created, we only had foods that were pumpkin-flavored, and the powerful ones above us cried because they wanted us to experience the flavor in liquid form. 

They collected their tears and used them to create the masterpiece, which is the pumpkin spice latte. 

I am being so serious.

Some may disagree and believe it to be rancid filth that should never see the light of day, but I see it as a crown jewel in the world of pumpkin-flavored food. It is absolutely delectable. 

My love for pumpkin spice will never diminish because the world tells me it’s putrid.

Pumpkin flavor brings us beautiful food.

Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin cream cheese. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin donuts. The list is never-ending.

Logan

Say what you want about the drink, but you can’t deny that the flavor of pumpkin doesn’t put you in a festive mood. Haters need to stop with the slander.

I will admit, I am a later-in-life PSL lover. For the longest time, I was terrified to order a Pumpkin Spice Latte, for fear of being accused of being a basic white girl. A few years ago, I finally caved, and my life has never been the same. 

Iced or hot, there is no wrong way to ingest pumpkin spice; Hell, I even have a pumpkin spice candle so I can ingest it through my nose and my mouth. The invention of the pumpkin cold foam was revolutionary. A drink recommendation of mine is an Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte topped with pumpkin cold foam, truly a 10/10.

While some hate on this fall classic, may I ask you this? In the spring and summertime, nothing sounds more refreshing than a glass of lemonade or iced tea. In the winter, everyone flocks to the hot chocolate machine in The Star, so what is wrong with being loyal to the most iconic beverage of the autumn season? If pumpkin spice isn’t the flavor of fall, I don’t know what is. 

Now, let’s open up our minds for a moment and think of all the delicious and wonderful flavored/scented things pumpkin spice has to offer.

Candles. Bread. Muffins. Frappuccinos. Oreos. Poptarts. Oatmeal. It just goes on and on.