Editor’s Letter 11/10

Photo courtesy of Liz Kameen

Dear readers,

… wait, do you hear that? Some woman singing about making her wish come true and what she wants for Christmas? Huh, that’s weird. Anyway, Christmas’ appetizer known as Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and it can’t come soon enough. I think everyone is just about ready for a break, including me, but before that, we’ve got yet another edition for you to enjoy!

Now that the webs have dissipated and J Jonah Jameson stopped screaming at us during our meetings (thanks Spidey), we are back to our regularly scheduled content and we have another hefty edition for you so we hope you enjoy!

I would also like to announce that Lola Offenback is now our new assistant editor! She’s been doing an incredible job lately and I can’t thank her enough for all that she does for The Comenian. Some of you might have noticed that she was credited for that in our last edition, but I simply forgot to announce it because I was so focused on Spider-Man that I forgot to mention it.

I would also like to say that we are especially looking for anyone who is interested in sports writing for The Comenian. Every time we publish a physical edition, we get comments that we need a sports section and I completely agree. If you are interested, please contact us because we would love to have a sports section up and running again.

As of publishing this, USG elections will be over so thank you to everyone who voted. Your voice matters and the USG is one of the best ways to make it heard. There were a ton of great candidates and I’m sure that the future board will do a great job. You also might see a few of our members on that board :).

Before I sign off: if you’re interested in joining The Comenian please join us at our meetings, which take place every Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Zinzendorf Hall, room 100. 

We are looking for new writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and more, so if any of those interest you be sure to stop by or email me at [email protected]

The Comenian supports a wide range of content. If you want to interview students around campus, you can. If you want to make video essays you can. If you want to make short comics, you can. Whether you want to write about news, politics, music, movies, sports, video games, food, history, or anything else, I guarantee you will have a place here.

Also, if you would like to be notified by email whenever we publish a new edition of the paper – either the online or print version – please send your address to [email protected]. We’ll add you to our email list!

Thank you for reading our first refresh of the semester. I hope you come back soon as we continue to publish new content every other week.

Your editor-in-chief,

AJ