Moravian College Prepares for We the Kings Concert

Photo+features+We+the+Kings.+Obtained+from+MAC+poster.+

Photo features We the Kings. Obtained from MAC poster.

Every year, the Moravian Activities Council (MAC) brings  a popular comedian, actor, or singer to campus. Two years ago, it was Kenan Thompson from Good Burger and Saturday Night Live. Last year, it was actor and comedian Marlon Wayans. MAC is bringing in the popular band We the Kings.

We the Kings will be playing Johnston Hall at 8 p.m. on Sept. 29. Tickets for the event are still available. They can be acquired on Thursday, 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.,  and Friday from 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Tickets are free for undergraduate students and $10 for general admission.

General admissions tickets are reserved for alumni and friends and family members of current students.

We the Kings was formed in 2005 in Bradenton, Florida. It was formed by childhood friends Travis Clark, Hunter Thomsen, Drew Thomsen, and Danny Duncan.  Thomsen has since left the band, but Coley O’Toole and Charles Trippy have become members of the band.

Clark is the lead vocalist,  Thomsen is the lead guitarist, Duncan is the drummer, O’Toole is the pianist, and Trippy is the bass guitarist. The band’s musical style has been classified as pop, pop punk, alternative pop, and pop rock.

The band has a total of six studio albums. Their first self-titled album was released in October 2007. It featured the hit single “Check Yes, Juliet.” “Check Yes, Juliet” went platinum, selling over 250,000 copies. Their most recent album, Six, was released on July 8.

It features songs such as “Even If It Kills Me,” “What I Wouldn’t Give,” and “Festival Music.” Like their two previous albums, it was released without a label. In order to fund the album, the band is offering multiple different promotional packages on PledgeMusic.

If you haven’t gotten your ticket already, be sure to get one and enjoy the show!