Filed under Community, Showcase

Latricia Ezell: Dancing and Singing on in our Memories

Photo+provided+by+Moravian+College+Dining+Services+Instagram.+
Photo provided by Moravian College Dining Services Instagram.

For the past five years, Latricia Ezell filled Moravian’s Blue & Grey Cafe with her laughter and singing, putting a smile on the face of anyone that entered her line.

Ezell’s life journey came to a tragic end on Sunday, Oct. 28, when she was killed outside of her apartment in Allentown alongside her daughter, Ashley Campfield, according to The Morning Call.

Despite this unfortunate ending, Ezell is remembered by all those who worked with her as cheerful, enthusiastic, and energetic.

“Latricia loved music and dancing,” said Rhonda Flagg, retail director of Moravian College Dining Services. “Every morning, we would turn the music up and Latricia would be singing and dancing while she worked.”

In the past, Ezell worked at Chopped Salads and this year was at Mexcellente at the new CRU5H station but is remembered as an all-around worker who would go anywhere she was needed. For years, she took two buses and the Moravian shuttle to make it into work.

This dedication extended to her interaction with students, being remembered as someone who took the time to know their names and regular orders.

Eliza Duartu, a  co-worker, reflected on Ezell’s  energy and humor, commenting on the nicknames she gave everyone. “I really got close with her,” she said. “We had a best friend, mother type of relationship.”

Leslie Cochran, another co-worker said, “We quickly became best friends. She was probably the best co-worker that I have ever had in my entire life.”

On Friday, Nov. 2, family, friends and members of the Moravian College community gathered in Borhek Chapel to celebrate Ezell’s life.

“The people that gathered were overwhelmed by grief as Latricia’s aunts shared stories of their loss,” said Jennika Borger, Moravian College’s Chaplain. “In the midst of this grief, the room exploded in hope as her cousin played her favorite song and those gathered walked forward to light candles. The Moravian College community will not be the same without Latricia, and the stories of her energy, her dancing, and her love for her coworkers and students will continue to be alive on our campus.”

Although Ezell has passed, her memory will live on with all those who had the pleasure of working with her.

“Latricia was a caring and loving individual that always made all that surrounded her laugh,” said Kristin Piazza, general manager of Dining Services. “She was a strong and confident woman. She was a mother and grandmother that always put her family first. She will be deeply missed and she will never be forgotten by the entire dining team. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Latricia. She leaves many happy memories with the entire Moravian College community.”