Editor’s Letter (10/15)

Photo courtesy of Nicholas Wan

Dear Readers,

Welcome back to the 10/15 edition of The Comenian!

We’ve reached just about the halfway point of the 2021 Fall semester at Moravian University. Time just seems to fly, doesn’t it? It seems like just yesterday I was preparing this semester’s first edition of The Comenian. We have exciting new stories to share with our readers, but before getting into that, I have thrilling news. 

The long-anticipated print edition of the newspaper is coming around the end of October/beginning of November, so be on the lookout for that around campus! And for our online-only readers, we haven’t forgotten about you. The amazing works of our staff will be posted online as well, but if you are on campus, we highly encourage you to pick up a print copy. 

As always, The Comenian encourages any and all with a passion for writing, photography, or videography to attend our meetings and join our incredible staff.

The Comenian meets at 5:00 p.m. every Wednesday via Zoom. Please email [email protected] to be added to our mailing list. 

As for this edition of the paper, we proudly present the following for your reading pleasure. 

Reporter Liliana Brockway shares her interviews with two of Moravian’s nursing students to learn more about the difficult, but highly rewarding nursing program. 

Guest reporter Anthony DiSipio discusses his SOAR research project on the effects of ocean acidification on grass shrimp. 

Another guest reporter Joseph Voitek talks about his experience in the Army’s Reserve Officers’ Training Corps, ROTC. Check out Joseph’s rigorous experience, which includes rappelling out of a UH-60 Blackhawk plane!

In our wildly-popular Professor Spotlight, reporter Natalia Hanson-Richart features psychology professor Dr. Dana Dunn. And in our The Class that Made a Difference feature, alumna Michelle Wehlan talks about how professor Mark Harris’ Creative Nonfiction course inspired her to work for the Affordable Housing Alliance

Reporter AJ Minnich reviews the 2021 remaster of the original, 2008 Mass Effect game. Additionally, check out AJ’s scathing rant on living in Moravian’s dorms.

Reporter Dominic Trabosci shares his review of Luke Hemmings’ album “When Facing the Things We Turn Away From.” 

Reporter Annie McCarthy highlights an incredible opportunity for Moravian’s Dance Company to perform with New York-based choreographer and performer Monica Bill Barnes.

And Copy Editor Anna Litofsky presents her newest comic in “Behind the Mask.” 

The Comenian staff have been working incredibly hard to continue producing fantastic articles for our wonderful readers. We hope you, our readers, will continue supporting us throughout our journeys with The Comenian! 

Your editor-in-chief,

Nick