USG Roundup

New Initiatives and Elections
USG+Roundup
  • The HUB Renovation has been pushed to Jan 1, 2024. Students will not have access to the HUB besides the B&G cafe and The Star Dining Hall. 
  • Minimal classes will be held on the first floor of PPHAC in lieu of it being used as a “temporary HUB” where the HUB Desk will be located, along with some office locations. Other offices will be relocated to various locations across campus, such as Reeves Library and other buildings near the Counseling Center. 
  • Clubs are encouraged to reserve PPHAC 1st Floor rooms as a place for club events and meetings, which is why minimal courses will be held in that space. 
  • Club Fair was a success, with some of the highest attendance USG has ever seen. Many clubs met prospective members, held raffles, and braved the heat. 
  • Club Information Session (CIS) was also a success, being one of the shortest sessions held in its history. 
  • The Student Engagement Committee continues an initiative from last semester, emailing all students about upcoming club events, so reach out to [email protected] to add your club event to the list.
  • The USG Google Drive that is shared with club leadership received minor revamps, including a new spreadsheet for clubs to share their club event posters and social media posts for USG to promote on its social media. 
  • The PR team is available to help clubs with advertising, flyers, social media posts, and any other concerns; just reach out and ask! 
  • Due to some confusion, there have been some adjustments to the Club Finance Google Drive. If you are experiencing any issues, reach out to [email protected].
  • Hispanic Heritage Month starts this Friday. USG’s DEI Senator, Cielo Disla, is collaborating with the Latinx Student Union to host a movie night on Friday, Sept. 15. 
  • The Humanities Club and Catholics on Campus Club have recently been approved. Reach out to their club advisers if interested in joining. 
  • Electric Vehicle charging stations have been added on campus this semester. 
  • USG Election campaigning starts in October, and voting occurs on AMOS on Nov. 6, the same day as actual elections. Keep following USG social media accounts for updates regarding elections if you are interested in running for a position this semester. 
  • As always, USG meetings are held in the UBC room every Tuesday and start at 4:45 p.m. All faculty and students are invited and encouraged to attend the meetings.