Restaurant Review: Thai Thai II is the Best Best!

Photo courtesy of Chad Propst.
Photo courtesy of Chad Propst.

Thai Thai II, nestled comfortably between Hotel Bethlehem and 515 Main, is my personal favorite of all dining options to find out of the seemingly endless choices you can make on Main St., Bethlehem. As the name indicates, it is a Thai restaurant that, out of all of the other Thai restaurants that I’ve experienced in my lifetime, stands at the very top as the single best Thai joint I’ve had the pleasure of exploring.

Upon entering the restaurant, you’re greeted by a very homey atmosphere that transports you straight to a place of unadulterated comfort. Table options consist of small tables and booths to accommodate various party sizes, and in the back, they do have large seating options if any parties or events need to be catered by the best Thai restaurant Bethlehem has to offer.

I’ve had the pleasure and privilege of being able to dine here many, many, times. Their menu options are extremely accommodating for all types of pallets, as well as offering vegetarian and vegan options for those who follow those dietary paths.

As a pescetarian, many times I have ordered a vegetarian option from the menu, only to be kindly followed up by the server to ensure that all of the ingredients were a-okay with my diet before they put the order in.

If plant-based diets aren’t your speed, they have a wide array of chicken, pork, duck, beef, fish, and seafood to accommodate for the universe of meat-based dining that your heart, and tummy, may desire.

So far, I have tried a lovely variety of the options that Thai Thai II presents to its customers. Since I first walked through their doors, I’ve had their vegetarian Pad Thai, Green and Red Curries, Drunken Noodles, and Pad Kra Prow. For appetizers, I frequently enjoy their spring rolls with sweet plum sauce as well as their golden triangle, which is a platter of fried tofu cut into cute little triangles served with a sweet, savory peanut sauce.

A perfect side to any dish would have to be their coconut rice, which adds a unique sweetness to the savory and spicy punch of their entrees.

Having gone with many friends for the past year, their recommendations would be the Pork Pad Thai or the Pork Basil Fried Rice.

Thai Thai II’s service is exceptional without fail every single time I’ve gone. The staff working is extremely kind, and with each subsequent visit, they’re great to have conservation and never fail to put a smile on my face.

On top of quick service time and stellar portion sizes for the price point, I’ve never left dissatisfied. Entrees are around $15-18 for a meal, so it’s not super cheap, however, the quality is out of this world, more than justifying the price point. You can even get their entire menu for take-out, however, in my experience, their dine-in meals are always more flavorful. Take-out is still awesome, it just isn’t quite as phenomenal as getting the food right there in the shop.

Their food also fulfills my burning desire to indulge in spicy foods, as they let me break the standard limit of their spice scale. Normally, they offer a range of zero to five, zero having no spice and five being very spicy, but they also offer a secret 10 spice which goes beyond anything I’ve ever had at a restaurant. Their 10-spice option is extremely flavorful and exceptionally spicy and I haven’t stopped. My verdict?

Thai Thai II is unmatched.

If anyone’s interested in exploring Thai cuisine or wants to try something new on Main Street, Thai Thai II is my personal recommendation. No amount of praise will be able to do this restaurant enough justice, so, to get a taste of what I’m talking about, go check it out and support the best in the local Thai scene!

Thai Thai II is located at 509 Main St, Bethlehem, PA 18018 and their phone number is (610) 868-1919.

Proof that I Joined the Clean Plate Club. Photo Courtesy of Todd Reedy.