Filed under Community

The Career Center Wants You Engaged

Career and Civic Engagement Center

Career and Civic Engagement Center

Career and Civic Engagement Center

The HUB is a central building on campus that houses the Marketplace, the Pavilion, the Blue & Grey, Prosser Auditorium, the HUB desk itself, and of course one of the most important resources to students: The Center for Career and Civic Engagement.

The Center is a great place for students to get involved in service projects or to find an internship for the summer. The Center is here to help all students on campus lead successful post-college lives.

Everyone in the Center has a very important role. From an always-smiling Suzy Moyer ‘13 at the front desk, to Kathleen Barr, Pat Murray Hanna, Mike Hertel, Gillian Sharkey, and Amy Saul, everyone is there to help you if you have questions regarding resumes, job interviews, community service projects, or if you just want to connect with an alum who might be able to be a mentor to you. The professionals inside the Center also organize a multitude of events which give you an opportunity to get dressed up, get out, and get your name into the “corporate world.”

On March 27 over fifty employers were in attendance, looking for applicants who were seeking jobs and internships in various industries, such as banking, healthcare, and manufacturing. Employers present at the job and internship fair included Mutual of Omaha, Patient First, East Penn Manufacturing, ArtsQuest, Enterprise, and Olympus.

The fair was sponsored by the Center and gave students the chance to get their name out to companies. In addition, professional photographers were taking photos for posting to LinkedIn profiles.

Another event the Center has coming up is an networking event in Washington, D.C., where students will have the chance to network with some Moravian alumni at the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The event will take place on Wednesday, April 18. Students will depart from Moravian at 10:30 that morning.

The reception and actual networking event will not start until 6 pm, so students will have the opportunity beforehand to stroll the historic streets of D.C. and take in some of the monuments. There is no cost to attend the event, but a $10 deposit is required and will be handed back to students on the day of the trip.

Networking events are a great way for students to make a great first impression. You’ll only need to brush your teeth, press your clothes, and arm yourself with a few business cards and a warm smile. Head to the Center today so you can secure a spot on the fast-approaching D.C. trip.