MoCo Radio is Live (and High on the 1980’s)

Studio+of+MoCo+Radio+

Dylan Hutchinson

Studio of MoCo Radio

Moravian College Radio is an on-campus organization that allows students and faculty to produce their very own radio shows. 

Located in the basement of the HUB, the radio station is home to nine shows this semester. Hosted by students, the shows cover a wide range of topics, from electronic music and conspiracy theories to question and answer segments, where listeners can submit questions via RadioFx. The shows air mostly during the weekday evenings. A Spotify playlist, curated by the radio staff, runs in the airtime between shows.

The station is managed by board members, including club president Emily Sangirardi, station manager Matt Meyers, and Dylan Hutchinson, treasurer. 

Over the past few years, MoCo Radio has had its bumps and turns, including problems with broadcasting and listener-count. 

Last fall, however, the station switched to online streaming, making the broadcasts more accessible for listeners. Now MoCo Radio broadcasts in two ways: on Airtime Pro and on the app, RadioFX

To listen via app, download RadioFx, type Moravian College Radio into the prompt, and press play. MoCo Radio is live 24 hours a day, and specific shows are posted on the schedule on Airtime Pro. 

Not only does MoCo Radio have weekly music and talk shows, it hosts campus-wide events as well. 

This fall, MoCo Radio is gearing up to take over campus with their long-awaited event, ’80’s Night. 

The event has been postponed a few times previously, but on Friday, October 11th, the station will host what is expected to be their biggest event to date: an ‘80’s-themed evening that’s meant to bring Moravian’s community closer together through music, games, trivia (with prizes), food, and a well-stocked photo area sure to liberate your inner ’80’s. 

The event will take place from 7:00-9:30 p.m. in the HUB Pavilion. Everyone is invited to dress how they want, including in leg warmers or sweats. MoCo Radio will provide costume pieces for those who would like to use them. 

To learn more about this event or about MoCo Radio, email MoCo Radio directly at [email protected]