Club Spotlight: Swiftie Society Club

Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.
Photo courtesy of Lola Offenback.

What is your club about? 

The Swiftie Society Club is a club dedicated to bringing together students who enjoy Taylor Swift’s music in a fun, accepting environment where they can hang out, decompress, and talk about Taylor Swift. It is a great opportunity to meet other students with common interests and make new friends! 

When was your club established?

Our club was approved by USG and established at the end of the Fall 2023 semester, and we held our first official meeting at the beginning of the Spring 2024 semester! 

Who are your current leaders (advisors, president, vice president, etc.)?

Our President is Kaylee Thomas ‘26, the Vice President is Lola Offenback ‘26, and our Treasurer is Danielle McEaddy ‘26.

When does your club meet?

Because we are a newer club on campus, we are still trying to set a consistent meeting time and figure out members’ availability, but currently, we are meeting biweekly on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Doghouse as well as having other fun events. 

What is the most popular activity that the campus knows you for?

We just had our first ever, Lover Fest Karaoke in celebration of Valentine’s Day! We sang songs from all of Taylor Swift’s albums and gave out heart-shaped sunglasses, ‘Red’ inspired earrings, and stickers! We also made Taylor Swift-themed Valentines that students could give to others to spread love and positivity! We are hoping to host many more events soon! 

What are the biggest challenges that your club faces?

So far, the biggest challenge we have faced is our budget. We have tons of ideas for events but, unfortunately, won’t be able to do all of them due to budgeting. We hope to be able to do as many events as possible! 

If you could pair up with another club for an event or project, who would it be?

We would love to pair up with the Moravian Dance Company for a Taylor Swift dance party or The Manuscript to create an event for Taylor Swift’s upcoming album, The Tortured Poets Department. Based on the title of the album, it sounds like a collaboration with The Manuscript would be the perfect event to host to celebrate its release. 

What is the latest project that your club is excited about?

Currently, we are planning to host a friendship bracelet-making night! We would listen to music while we made the bracelets and then trade with one another! We are also planning an album listening party for The Tourtured Poets Department! Stay tuned for these events! 

If you had an unlimited budget, what dream project would your club put it towards?

If we had an unlimited budget, we would love to take all club members to see Taylor Swift live, whether that be at her current Era’s Tour or a future concert that she will have! Along with this, we would make sure that everyone had the perfect outfits for the tour and make an event of going shopping for our outfits! 

What are the E-board member’s favorite Eras and songs? 

Kaylee’s favorite era is 1989, and her favorite song is “Superman (Taylor’s Version)”. Lola’s favorite era is Midnights, and her favorite song is “Now That We Don’t Talk (From the Vault)”. Danielle’s favorite era is Folklore, and her favorite song is either “Maroon” or “Cardigan”!