Bring Back the Kiwibots

Moravian has betrayed my trust. When I returned to my dorm from winter break, I was heartbroken to find that the Kiwibots were gone. I searched high and low to locate my beloved food delivery robots, but my efforts were in vain. They were nowhere to be found.

I cried and cried until my bed became a swimming pool of my tears. Why would Moravian do this? Just when I received some semblance of hope in this cruel world, it was taken away from me in an instant. 

The Kiwibots were a gift from the heavens.

I still fail to understand why Moravian decided to take them away. How else are students expected to utilize their Dining Dollars after the B&G closes? The Kiwibots delivered food late into the night, allowing students to fill their empty stomachs without having to leave campus. Additionally, the Kiwibots brought food directly to your place of residence. You didn’t even have to get up and walk to the HUB. Talk about convenience!

How could anyone hate those little robots?

They weren’t causing any harm, so why bother getting angry at them? It was wonderful watching the Kiwibots roam around campus. I miss the days of running into a Kiwibot and having its eyes flash with hearts and stars. It lifted my spirits on days when it was in the gutter. Now, I’ll never be able to experience that joy ever again.

So what if students didn’t utilize Kiwibots?

They made me feel a sense of belonging; a sense of pride in my school. It wasn’t just about the food, it was about the message. Kiwibots showed the community that Moravian was evolving. We were ready to embrace the future for the good of the students. However, it’s clear now that Moravian never truly cared.

It was the Kiwibots that showed me life could be something more. No longer did I have to starve at night. I could take control of my destiny and order food directly to my dorm. It taught me that there was no point in wallowing in my own pit of insecurity. I had to get up, take control of my destiny, and order food.

It was glorious, but then it was no more. Moravian took everything from me. I struggle to write this as my eyes are filling up with tears. How could you, Moravian? How could you do this to me? I trusted you. I trusted you, yet YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME.

I will never give up though, I will fight to bring the Kiwibots back. I’ll never give up on the Kiwibots, just like they never gave up on me.

Moravian students, it is time to rise up! Let your voices be heard! Sing it to the hills! We will not stand to let Moravian play with our feelings like this! The Kiwibots will only come back to grace us with their presence if we demand it. Email whomever you must, to get this to happen. If enough of us stand our ground, we will be sure to see victory!

My friends, I truly wish to smile again . . . just like I smiled back when Kiwibots roamed the land. Please, understand where I’m coming from. I know that many students were against the Kiwibots, but they were just blind to the truth. The truth shall set you free, and it certainly did in my case. As I finish this article, I reflect on my past. I’ll never stop fighting, not if there is still hope left. I just want to see them one more time. If I can just hear their little beeps again . . . I may find peace.

1 Like = 1 prayer for the Kiwibots