Editor’s Letter (4/15)

Photo courtesy of Nicholas Wan

Dear Readers,

Welcome to the 4/15 edition of The Comenian! 

This is the penultimate edition of the newspaper for the 2021-2022 school year. Our final edition will be coming out on Apr. 29 (4/29), the final day of the semester, so mark your calendars for then! 

Even with the end of the school year around the corner, The Comenian continues to produce incredible content for our writers, so I applaud my staff for their dedication to continue writing, while also preparing for finals, graduation, job hunting, and everything else on their agendas at the moment. 

For this edition of The Comenian, we have the following for your reading pleasure:

Reporter Logan Palau shares her interview with renowned author Dr. Deepak Chopra, regarding how college students can reduce their anxiety and maintain a healthy lifestyle. 

Logan also shares her interview with associate director of utilities & infrastructure Chad Royer and bus driver Sue Larrison about the Moravian shuttle service. 

Guest reporter Jason Fosburg features Moravian’s first Director of Veteran and Military Affairs, Marilyn Kelly-Cavotta, and her work on campus to help student veterans.

Learn about the Celtic druids in the third edition of reporter Sabrina Moody’s “Meanwhile, in Ireland” feature. 

Reporter Fatimah Bouri covers the inspirational stories from Moravian’s InFocus: Breast Cancer Journeys Conversation

For our professor spotlight, meet Dr. Jane Berger, who recently won the 2022 David Montgomery Award from the Organization of American Historians. Congratulations, Dr. Berger!

Wind down before finals by meeting some therapy dogs. Learn more about this USG event right here. 

AJ Minnich returns with part two of his discussion on anti-LGBTQ+ legislation in the United States, this time focusing on anti-trans legislation and sentiment around the country. 

With finals coming up in a few weeks, check out these five places on campus perfect for studying or just getting some peace and quiet to do homework. 

Reporter Dominic Trabosci discusses the many soundtracks that helped get him through his college years. Check out his list and maybe you’ll find your next favorite album!

After the smashing success of “Spider-Man No Way Home,” does Marvel’s latest movie, “Morbius,” also live up to the hype? Read AJ’s review and find out!

Hope you’re hungry, because guest reporters Evan Yandrisovitz and Leo Andreoli, and Moravian’s Digital Journalism Class rank seven vegan salty snacks from worst to best. 

And finally, Anna Litofsky returns with another edition of her award-winning “Behind the Mask” comic. 

And there you have it. Another edition of The Comenian is in the books. We hope you’ll join us for our final edition of the school year in 2 weeks, where we’ll have a proper sendoff for our seniors via our senior reflections feature and I will give a proper farewell as editor-in-chief.

Your editor-in-chief (for only a few more weeks),

Nick